Shell Canada’s Peace River Insitu Project is located east of the town of Peace River, Alberta.
The project lease covers an area of about 36,755 hectares, in a forested and muskeg area with limited access.
As one of Shell Canada’s survey contractors, we provide surveying and mapping services for this on-going project.
Our assignments have included:
- 45 delineation well and test hole layouts
- 24 multi well pad site layouts
- 9 right of ways
- Building layouts
- Pipe racks and additional infrastructure layout
- Precise vertical control for deformation monitoring purposes
- Establishing control and seismic surveying
- Maintaining the digital base plan of the area
The project team included an Alberta Land surveyor, a survey engineer, CAD and field staff including technicians and technologists.
GPS, precise digital levels, total stations, helicopters, ATVs, StarNet adjustment software and AutoCAD were used.
Shell Canada has a very regimented and detailed safety program. All Shell contractors must meet their requirements and go through an extensive evaluation process. Work site requirements for this project included hazard assessment, check in and out procedures, using full Personal Protective Equipment, and helicopter hazard briefing, to name a few.